PUBLIC RELATIONS PROGRAM OFFICER
The Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute is seeking a Public Relations Program Officer to work with leadership to develop marketing strategies that will promote Institute programs and build the CBLPI presence on the national stage.
- Take the lead on CBLPI public relations projects and activities which include weekly writing such as press releases, talking points, articles, and social media posts, maintaining and building media contacts, and creating publicity tools such as press kits and fact sheets.
- Track the Institute’s presence and mentions in the media, send media alerts to the Institute’s media list, and notify staff of all relevant news and opinion pieces.
- Regular briefings and strategy discussions on substantive issues in order to represent the President’s view on these issues.
- Provide inquiring journalists with information regarding CBLPI and its programs.
- Document and pro-actively respond to campus controversies involving Institute students, speakers, and events.
- Compose op-eds on relevant topics.
- Assist with communications through the Institute’s social media, mobile app, and blog.
- Ensure high quality visual representation of the Institute’s functions in photography, video, and audio.
- Schedule and participate in talk radio and other media interviews and invite other staff to participate depending on topic.
- Ensuring that the Institute’s mission and activities are effectively conveyed through CBLPI.org.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Strong commitment and enthusiasm for CBLPI’s mission to prepare and promote conservative women leaders.
- At least two years of experience in marketing or communications or public relations. A degree in a related field is preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Grasp of promotional and marketing strategies and concepts; eagerness to learn more.
- Knowledge and use of blog technology and other social media.
- Experience with Adobe desktop publishing programs as well as creating HTML emails.
- Ability to articulate and implement a vision for CBLPI.org, including a working knowledge of WordPress and HTML.
Salary will be commensurate with previous salary and experience.
The Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute Headquarters is located in Herndon, Virginia. Qualified candidates must send a cover letter, resume, salary history, and three references to Camille Hart. Incomplete applications will not be considered.