The Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute is accepting applications to fill the full time position of Administrative Assistant. The individual in this position serves at the “face” of the organization and must enthusiastically support the Institute’s primary mission to promote conservative ideas and conservative women leaders. Must have strong computer skills including software applications of Word and Excel and be eager to learn new software. This is an entry level position with the potential to move up over time or could be a wonderful long term position. Responsibilities include:
- Learning all aspects of the office software systems
- Assisting with all administrative tasks in office
- Articulating the mission of the Institute to first-time callers and visitors
- Greeting visitors and accepting packages delivered to office
- Answering phones and directing calls to appropriate staff
- Assisting staff at luncheons, conferences, and other programs
- Other duties as assigned
PUBLIC RELATIONS PROGRAM OFFICER
The Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute is seeking a Public Relations Program Officer to work with leadership to develop marketing strategies that will promote Institute programs and build the CBLPI presence on the national stage.
- Take the lead on CBLPI public relations projects and activities which include weekly writing such as press releases, talking points, articles, and social media posts, maintaining and building media contacts, and creating publicity tools such as press kits and fact sheets.
- Track the Institute’s presence and mentions in the media, send media alerts to the Institute’s media list, and notify staff of all relevant news and opinion pieces.
- Regular briefings and strategy discussions on substantive issues in order to represent the President’s view on these issues.
- Provide inquiring journalists with information regarding CBLPI and its programs.
- Document and pro-actively respond to campus controversies involving Institute students, speakers, and events.
- Compose op-eds on relevant topics.
- Assist with communications through the Institute’s social media and blog.
- Ensure high quality visual representation of the Institute’s functions in photography, video, and audio.
- Schedule and participate in talk radio and other media interviews and invite other staff to participate depending on topic.
- Ensuring that the Institute’s mission and activities are effectively conveyed through CBLPI.org.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Strong commitment and enthusiasm for CBLPI’s mission to prepare and promote conservative women leaders.
- At least two years of experience in marketing or communications or public relations. A degree in a related field is preferred.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Grasp of promotional and marketing strategies and concepts; eagerness to learn more.
- Knowledge and use of blog technology and other social media.
- Experience with Adobe desktop publishing programs as well as creating HTML emails.
- Ability to articulate and implement a vision for CBLPI.org, including a working knowledge of WordPress and HTML.
Salary will be commensurate with previous salary and experience.
The Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute Headquarters is located in Herndon, Virginia. Qualified candidates must send a cover letter, resume, salary history, and three references to Camille Hart. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The Clare Boothe Luce Policy Institute offers paid spring, summer and fall Internships to college students.
Internships are on a full-time basis (40 hours per week). While we do not offer housing as part of the internship program, we can suggest local housing options. You will need to arrange your own accommodations. Internships are open to full-time undergraduate students attending school in the United States only. Rising sophomores and juniors are preferred, although all full-time undergraduate students are encouraged to apply.
Applications may be submitted via email, regular mail, or fax to 703-318-8867. To apply for an internship, submit an application package including:
- a cover letter explaining why you are interested in being an intern
- a current resume
- a completed application form
Summer Internship Deadline:
March 15 (for June-August)
Academic Year Internship Deadlines:
Fall – July 15 (for September-December)
Spring – November 15 (for January-May)
If you would like more information, or have any questions, please contact us via email or by calling us toll-free at 888.891.4288